Properties are usually accepted on an ‘as seen’ basis. Please check with us to see if any work will be carried out after your viewing.

We will require an application to reserve a property, then the property will be shown as Let. This payment does not constitute a tenancy, or an offer of a tenancy, but is required before we can proceed. You will pay us a holding deposit equivalent to 1 weeks rent.


Just before you move in you will need to pay one month’s rent in advance and a deposit equivalent of 5 weeks rent.

The holding deposit will be deducted from the first months rent.

If the landlord allows a pet, a higher monthly rent amount will be payable.

The deposit will be registered with an approved tenancy deposit scheme.


The credit check will disclose any county court judgements, bankruptcy orders, voluntary arrangements or administration orders, thereby giving an indication as to whether you will able to meet your rental payments.

We will assess your ability to pay, looking at your earnings in relation to the proposed monthly rent.


We will take up references from your current landlord and employer, which will confirm your current rent, have you had any arrears, and have you looked after the property during your tenancy, salary, the position you currently hold and whether this position is permanent, temporary or a fixed term contract.

For applications who are self-employed, a positive accountant’s reference will be required or your last 6 months personal bank statements.

We will consider homemakers or unemployed status applications on certain properties, but we will require evidence of your ability to pay your rent. You may need a guarantor, who commits to paying the rent if you default. Alternatively most landlords will accept 6 months’ rent in advance.


Photo identification accepted.

  • Passport
  • Photo card Driving Licence

Your proof of identity will need to match the name and date of birth on the application.

We also require a recent proof of address which will need to match the current address listed on the application form.

  • Utility bill
  • Mobile telephone bill
  • Council tax bill
  • House or motor insurance certificate
  • Letter from income provider (pension / employment)
  • Bank statements or credit card statement
  • Letter from a government department (i.e HM Revenue & Customs)
  • V5 registration document from the DVLA

Your privacy and our use of cookies

Read more about cookies and learn how to disable them.